søndag, februar 08, 2009

Problems with database

Somehow I can not reach the people with the CompuPed program with mails.. I never get answer back.
After 14. March 2008 I managed to get the base up and running again, but I want to have it on my newest computer.
I have tried the newest trial-vertion of Compuped from Man's Best Friend in my newest laptop, but it will not work properly, I then uninstalled it.

Earlier I got support easily, and I value that.

14. March 2008
To: marcy@compuped.com
About: Windows 95 transfer to XP ?? CompuPed database with 72 000 entries ! HELP :)


Hello, from Norway !

Please, please help me.

I have gor an error on my CompuPed, saying : Error 4011
I can not find out what to do.........

I wrote last time in July 2007, but did not get an answer from support.

I would also like to know about the question below... Please, read it ...........
All the details are there. My pin is xxxxx
My old installation diskette will not work anymore..........
I would pay whatever to get it all from my old windows 95 to my laptop Windows XP..

Take a look at what I use CompuPed for, here:
www.poodleinfo.no


Best regards L


22.07.2007


From: L
Dato: 19:39:04
To: support@mbfs.com
About: Windows 95 transfer to XP ?? CompuPed database with 72 000 entries !





Hello, from Norway :)


A looong time ago, in 1998, the time of Windows 95, I bought CompuPed program, ver. 4.06 Commercial Model, the biggest one.
I still have this on my OLD computer that is not online, but I use CompuPed almost every day.

The problem is, I can not get it to run on my Windows XP, and I am stucked with three computers to get out a pedigree from my old-95. First I have to make the pedigree on my old 95, then use a diskette and transfer the pedigree to my 2000 laptop, then I have to mail the pedigree from there to my windows xp laptop, to use it in my Front Page program, because I have no diskette station on my new laptop........

You see, it is a lot of work to keep my website www.poodleinfo.no going. I am sure you see the problem..

I have over 70 000 poodle entries in this compuped database, and am sooo afraid to loose it all.. as I have worked years to build it up.

The question is:

Is there a way to transfer all my work to a new CompuPed program ? ?? I want to get rid of my old PC.

I have all the files on my newest computer, and can send it to you to merge it into a new database. I will pay what it cost. I can send all files to you by the Pando program, from pando.com

The second question is: I have a friend in Holland I want to share my ComuPed database with. How much will it cost for him if we let him have a copy of my database ?

Greetings to you all, from Norway :)

Best regards L
-------------------------------------------
Some informations

My CompuPed serial number: 980625001
Sold Dato: 06-24-98

Registered Name : xxxxxxx
xxxxxx

Adddress: xxxxxx

1 CompuPed, ver. 4.06 Commercial Model, Amount $ 249.00
Version Number. 4.06 ( in the receit from RCI Software, it is 4.06)
but on the CompuPed Screen it says 4.11 COM
Serial Number: S/N: 980625001

2 kommentarer:

Martin sa...

Hi
Did you ever solve this problem?
regards
Martin in Switzerland

lilleba sa...

Hello Martin!
No, unfortunally I did not solve it...
I now have a new computer again with windows 7.
I have not tried to transfer my old CompuPed to the new one.
I still have my old PC with windows98, and the whole database, it is in DOS.
I have to work out the pedigrees I need, and transfer it on a memorystick to my new PC, it is timeconsuming, but I do not know what to do.....
Thank you.